October 2017 training is at capacity. Please check back in 2018 for our spring dates.
This two-day course is designed for all levels of experience with protein chemistry. From the newly appointed laboratory assistant to the seasoned investigator, all attendees will find this seminar a valuable learning experience.
An Introduction to CD Spectroscopy:
- Theory, design and application of the J-Series CD Spectrometer
- Optimizing instrument parameters
- Introduction to data acquisition
- Options and accessories
Maintenance and Servicing:
- Instrument design and layout
- Standard maintenance procedures
- Description of optical system
Applications for CD:
- Introduction to Spectra Manager™
- Thermal and chemical denaturation
- Starting CD measurements and capturing raw data
- Secondary structure analysis
- Vibrational Circular Dichroism J-Series (VCD)
Application training is for JASCO instrument owners/users only.