The innovative instrument design ensures freedom from daily adjustments and alignment. A specially designed honeycomb optical base plate is the foundation for the entire instrument guaranteeing alignment and stability. The laser(s), enclosed microscope, software-switched optics, and a unique aberration-corrected polychromator with a CCD detector provide an integrated package compact enough to fit on a laboratory bench.
With superb stability and effortless software-controlled optics, the NRS Series Raman systems offer performance second to none, with no time-consuming realignment. Simply insert the sample, focus, and collect the spectrum. The integrated, automated XYZ mapping stage with an auto-focusing option allows full PC control. Complete operator safety is maintained by the fully enclosed automated sample chamber door which provides a 120° opening to allow full microscope access.
All NRS Series Raman instruments include a color CCD sample viewing system with image capture capability. For additional flexibility, a trinocular microscope attachment can be added for direct binocular viewing. Utilizing the same basic optical system, we’ve designed a family of micro-Raman spectrometers that offer a range of capabilities from simple, single laser, single grating instruments to advanced research grade systems with low wave number measurement, wavelength extension from the deep UV to NIR, and the ability to use or add up to 6 lasers.
For application expansion, an automated multi-grating turret, 2 internally mounted detectors and a maximum of 8 lasers ranging from the UV through the NIR are capable of integration with the instrument system. All optical components are PC-controlled for maximum flexibility with minimum user interaction.
- Exceptional wavenumber accuracy with a high-precision rotary-encoder direct drive mechanism
- Wide wavenumber range up to 8,000 cm-1
- Automated XYZ with joystick and mouse/keyboard control
- Spectra Manager™ operating system for measurement and confocal imaging
- Low wavenumber measurement, close to the Rayleigh scatter (NRS-7600)
- Auto-alignment of microscope laser introduction optics and Raman scattering light path
- Wavenumber calibration using an internal Ne lamp
- Unique Dual Spatial Filter (DSF) providing higher spatial resolution than conventional confocal optics, especially in the Z-axis
- Patented Spatial Resolution Image (SRI) function for simultaneous observation of sample image, laser spot, and aperture image
- The Objective revolver can be mounted with a range of objective lenses matched to the measurement range (including dedicated NIR) and with a variety of magnification and working distances from x5 to x100
- Up to 8 lasers (9 wavelengths) each with a selected Edge or Notch filter
- Trinocular for direct observation
- Laser wavelengths from deep UV to 1,064 nm
- Detectors include CCD, EM-CCD, and InGaAs
- Macro-Raman measurement unit for large liquid and solid samples
- Measurement polarization
- Observation polarization
- Fiber optic probes
- Transmission Raman
- Macro Raman
- Heated and cryo-stages
- Gas cells
- Use with Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy (SERS) substrates
|0.7 cm-1 (Optional: 0.3 cm-1)
|50 to 8,000 cm-1
|0.7 cm-1 (Optional: 0.3 cm-1)
|5 to 8,000 cm-1